2.21.2010

Reese is Two!

Reese had a party today and all of her guests were boys! Oddly, all of Taryn's friends who have the same aged children have sons. So, Reese shared her dolls, doll stroller (the boys lined up to take turns pushing it around the loop in the apartment!), toy kitchenaid mixer, etc with all these little guys. Don't tell their dads!


Taryn and I made lovebug cookies (Taryn has been dying to make ever since she saw them) and a three layer princess castle - pink

of course. [Check Taryn's blog to the left to see more about the birthday celebration.]


During all the excitement, Reese just had to take a few minutes off. She asked her mommy to put her in her crib. At first, Taryn said no, but a little fussing got Reese her way. All she needed, apparently, was five minutes with Jeffrey and her binky (now known as Jeffreybink), then she was ready to go entertain those boys again.

Reese kept telling her Daddy "I'm not two, silly!" FInally, though, she came to grips with it and the next day she told him, "I'm two!"


Of the many funny things Reese said while I was there, the funniest thing she did was to climb up on a chair at the table where my laptop was open and announce "I have to check my email." The kid was not yet two! :)


Also went to the National Cathedral and hopped in with a tour for some middle-schoolers! Reese slept through the entire tour which made things pretty easy for us (except for hauling the stroller downstairs into the catacombs).


1 comment:

  1. so jealous you were there! looks like such a fun trip - but then again, what trip with taryn and reesie roo isn't fun? okay then.

    ReplyDelete