5.22.2009

The New Media Darling


Last night Dean's team got some sweet revenge against the rival Glacier Twins.  After being held scoreless in the first inning, we exploded with 9 runs in the second inning. We totally dominated, finishing 15-5 (we ten-runned them and got to stop after 7 innings). In the third inning, Dean made an awesome play where he charged hard to his left, gloved the grounder and shoveled it to the stretched-out first baseman for the out.  Incredibly, the play was captured by the newspaper photographer!
Later, after the game, Dean asked me if I saw the shovel play.  I gushed, "Yes! It was amazing!" 
He said, "Well, I probably shouldn't have tried it. We never practice that..." and mumbled something about low percentage. 
"But Dean, it was the only way you would have beaten the runner!" I said. 
"Yeah," he admitted, "I guess so."  
What a major leaguer! :)

PS Girls (Dean's sisters) : I'm pretty sure you are the only ones following this blog. Your brother is awesome! We can't wait to see you!

3 comments:

  1. He is a media darling. I guess the photographer knows who to focus on after capturing a few awesome plays in film already. Can't wait to see you soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean is the best. It's great to see him in action and of course we love him but now so does the media! "the world makes sense, again!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Dean! This picture is fantastic. Are you sure the photographer is not on Stimpson payroll? Nah, he/she knows a good thing and when to take a great picture.

    ReplyDelete