11.12.2011

Cherry Pickin'


It turns out that we have a cherry tree on our lot at the lake! Who knew?!

One day when I ran into our neighbor, she told me, “You better get over there and pick your cherries, they’re ripe!” So, we grabbed our ladder and a box and headed to Lake Blaine.


Reese even wore her cherry dress, how cute is that? Taryn steadied the ladder, there I am holding the box, and Reese quickly got the hang of correct cherry picking. (Gotta pick the stem, too, or else the next year’s crop wont be as good. See? I did learn something about cherries.)

We totally cleaned out the tree as high as we could reach on the ladder. Lindsey was determined to get some of the higher ones. Careful up there, Linds!


Oh, did I mention that the tree is on the edge of a little cliff? So you can't reach some of the branches. We tried, but you know what they way about staying away from the edge of the cliff. It's just that those cherries were so close...
I'm happy to report -- no accidents!
One of our group was too little to climb and pick, but she loved the outing just the same.
By the way, Olivia smiles all the time.

Next year, taller ladder!

No comments:

Post a Comment